Friday, August 25, 2017

Back to School Teacher Treats- Combining Stamp


Good morning everyone! I hope you are ready for the weekend! We are actually in the path of Hurricane Harvey and are planning on "hunkering down." Thank you to all of you who reached out to me yesterday! We are actually 100 miles from the coast, but, as you know, with a Hurricane, the damage can be far reaching. We are in the direct path, but the level of severity for us really depends on where it comes ashore. And, what we are most worried about is flooding. San Antonio is prone to flood anyway, so 8"-12" of rain could be catastrophic. But, truly, we won't be getting the brunt of it. Please keep everyone who lives on the Texas coast in your prayers!!


On to today's project! The little girls had their Meet the Teacher last night and we brought along our traditional jar of cookies! I didn't get too fancy this year, I had no time! But, what I came up with ended up being so cute! 


I made tags very similar to this for my recent Harvest Class, so it was on my mind and I didn't really have to think much. I did however need to change the sentiment to be applicable to meeting their new teachers! I looked at my stamps for a while and decided to get creative and COMBINE sentiments! Combining sentiments is one of my favorite things to do!! It's like solving a puzzle and creating a new stamp! 

My little one didn't get the teacher she was hoping for (although she got a teacher who is amazing!!) and we've been doing a lot of chatting about how God puts them exactly where He knows they need to be! So, when I saw the sentiment from Rose Wonder, I knew it was perfect!! 

On the left is Rose Wonder, you can see the original sentiment. 
On the right side is the word "teacher" from World's Best Trophy stamp set. 


Luckily, these sets are both Photopolymer, so that makes combining them simple! I used a bit of Washi Tape to "mask off" the word friend. I inked it in Early Espresso while the tape was on the stamp. 


I peeled off the Washi Tape and stamped it on Whisper White cardstock. This is how it stamped. 
Sometimes, you have to do this a couple of times to get it exactly how you want it without random ink in places. 
But, this was perfect the first time. Just don't forget to take off the tape or you'll have a big rectangle of ink there! HA! (Ask me how I know...)


 Next, I stamped the word teacher in Crushed Curry. So perfect!!
I cut out the sentiment with a Banner Framelit (retired.)


For the top of the lid, I cut out two Stitched Circles. I stamped a couple of Orange Blossom images and wrote the to/from. 
Check out the supply list below for all the other details. 

A simple tag can take a boring item really far. I am REALLY into making tags these days. It's fast and easy and it carries a big punch! 

Thanks for stopping by today! 
Don't forget- today is the last day to purchase the Bike Ride Fancy Card Class to go!! (See details below.) 



Bike Ride Fancy Cards Class to Go

August All Star Tutorial Bundle
Free with a $50 order, or you can purchase just the PDF of TWELVE tutorials. 

      
 
SaveSave
SaveSave

2 comments:

  1. These are so sweet, Erica! Any teacher would be delighted to received them! But I have to ask, what kind of cookies are in the jars?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny - the last time I masked off a line with a piece of tape, I forgot to take the tape off before stamping. You're making me feel better about it to know that I'm not the only one who forgot that step! ;D
    I hope your girls have a great school year!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete